There are several life lessons i have had a chance to bestow upon my 5-month-old grandson. Yes, he is only five months. But still. i have taken the Norwegian name for grandpa, bestefar. my words of wisdom to him are known as “best by far moments with bestefar.” So far he has been told about:
- Only always Jesus!
- Throwing fits are not appropriate responses to being upset.
- Some people are gonna make you mad, you love them anyway.
- Work hard at everything you do, even when you think no one is watching, someone is always watching.
- Enjoy every moment you can, cry, laugh, listen, be present!
- Don’t think that you know everything, someone always knows more, whether they do or not; yet, know your stuff so that you can discern truth from lies and remain teachable.
The starting points for these lessons come from Psalm 1 . . .
“What delight comes to the one who follows God’s ways! He won’t walk in step with the wicked, nor share the sinner’s way, nor be found sitting in the scorner’s seat. His pleasure and passion is remaining true to the Word of ‘I Am,’ meditating day and night in the true revelation of light. He will be standing firm like a flourishing tree planted by God’s design, deeply rooted by the brooks of bliss, bearing fruit in every season of his life. He is never dry, never fainting, ever blessed, ever prosperous. But how different are the wicked. All they are is dust in the wind-driven away do destruction! the wicked will not endure the day of judgment, for God will not defend them. Nothing they do will succeed or endure for long, for they have no part with those who walk in truth. But how different it is for the righteous! The Lord embraces their paths as they move forward while the way of the wicked leads only to doom.”
These lessons are good for all of us and i am still learning to walk in them each day.
You are loved,