i love where i am with Jesus right now. Basking in deep waters, the gentle flow of the stream of life giving water ripples across my soul with sweet refreshing. Here are some of the verses that have been watering my soul:
1. 2 Thessalonians 1:11 “So we keep on praying for you, asking our God to enable you to live a life worthy of His call. May He give you the power to accomplish all the good things your faith prompts you to do.”
2. Psalm 139:1-3 “O Lord, You have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when i sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when i’m far away. You see me when i travel and when i rest at home. You know everything i do.”
3. 1 Timothy 1:5 “The purpose of my instruction is that all believers would be filled with love that comes from a pure heart, a clear conscience, and genuine faith.”
4. Ephesians 5:25 “…husbands…love your wives, just as Christ loved the church.” For you married ladies, “…wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.”
5. 1 John 4:8 “But anyone who does not love does not know God, for God is love.”
These verses along with these quotes from Thomas Merton.
1. “If I love my brothers according to the truth, my love for them will be true not only to them but to myself.”
2. “I cannot discover God in myself and myself in Him unless I have the courage to face myself exactly as I am, with all my limitations, and to accept others as they are, with all their limitations.”
3. “Without true, deep contemplative aspirations, without a total love for God and an uncompromising thirst for His truth, religion tends in the end to become an opiate.”
Try sitting and reading through these passages. Pray through them that these would become a part of you. Each of these brings a significant challenge to put us face to face with ourselves in relation to Jesus and our relationship with Him. In my next post, i will dig into all of this and my journey more but so that we all can have some investment in these verses i want you to pray through what is here.
You are LOVED,